Tuesday, May 26, 2015

Should I spend $445 to repair my refrigerator's damper, fix it myself, or should I just buy a new refrigerator? HomeImprovement

My Fridgedaire Electrolux model #frs26kr4cq0 (manufactured on 06-03) has been freezing food, hovering around 30-32 F. The repairman claims it is because the damper isn't working properly, but he doesn't know what is causing the problem; his solution is to install a whole new damper housing control panel assembly / control box kit.

A quick google search shows that this is a common problem, with a relatively easy solution and it seems easy enough for a layperson to fix it, plus the kit costs around $260.

Is this worth it, or should I just saved the money to buy a new refrigerator?

Thanks!



Submitted May 26, 2015 at 11:22PM by lumcetpyl http://ift.tt/1LDK6RH HomeImprovement

No comments:

Post a Comment