Monday, May 25, 2015

Going to l.a, going to be renting off random person. Does he seem legit ? needadvice

Sorry if i've made any mistakes, i am very new to reddit. This is my first post. I would really appreciate some help because i prefer not to lose money and this is my first time doing this. I would greatly appreciate some advice. The proper way to read the exchange would be from bottom to top, sorry for that !

Hello -Censored-, My apology for the slow response. I should say that the insinuation of this being a joke is kind of insulting but I do understand your concerns looking at the world we live in today. No offense taken!

I went through your filled form and I'm satisfied with the information you provided. My daughter whom you will be sharing the apartment with will arrive in LA on the 3rd of July. As you'll be moving in before her, I'll have the keys to the apartment sent to your present address (which I'll need you to provide in full) after you've made the deposit payment.

To secure the apartment you'll make a payment of the rent ($1000) plus a basic security deposit of $250 which is refundable at the end of your stay if nothing is damaged in the apartment. The total payment to secure the apartment is $1250. Payment will be made to me and I would prefer you send it through MoneyGram transfer. I would be able to receive it directly in person. Unfortunately, it is the only option available to me at the moment. I just arrived here in London less than a week ago and I'm still sorting out some paper works at the Home Office. Here's the details you'll need for MoneyGram transfer...

Name: -Censored- Address: -Censored- (my current address)

I'll need the transfer confirmation slip when it's done so I can have a proof of payment from you.

As for the agreement, I'll send you a scanned copy of the signed rental binder/deposit receipt after I've received your payment. It's a simple document that would reflect the exact address of the apartment, rent and security deposit, duration of your stay, your deposit payment, your move-in date, and the rental terms. You'll sign the space for tenant and send a copy back to me so I can have one with both signatures.

My UK telephone number is -Censored-. You can also reach me on my US mobile number -Censored-. We will have to schedule a good time to talk as I have an insanely busy schedule. You can also connect with me on LinkedIn, here's a link to my profile: -Censored-

Regards,

-Censored-.

On Sat, May 23, 2015 at 3:53 PM, Censored<Censored> wrote: Alright, i'm really hoping that this isn't some kind of big joke at my expense, because this place would be absolutely perfect if this transaction comes into fruition. I have attached the agreement. And like i have previously stated, i wish to stay for the month of july, starting from the 1st until the 28th.

Date: Sat, 23 May 2015 15:40:47 +0200

Subject: Re: Private room for rent in West Hollywood, LA. From: -Censored- To: -Censored-

Hello -Censored-,

The building has a well equipped gym and it is open 24/7. The building also has a pool and BBQ area. There are coin operated laundry machines in the building as well.

Regards,

-Censored-.

On Sat, May 23, 2015 at 9:13 AM, -Censored- <Censored> wrote: This sounds excellent. I only have one more question before i proceed to complete the application. My only question is whether or not the building has a gym ?

Date: Sat, 23 May 2015 08:59:13 +0200 Subject: Re: Private room for rent in West Hollywood, LA. From: -Censored- To: -Censored-

Hello -Censored-,

It's a fully furnished two bedroom apartment with appliances which includes, a DVD player, satellite TV, washing machine and dryer, Iron and ironing board. The kitchen is equipped with an electric oven, refrigerator, microwave, toaster, and blender. Also, pots, pans, cups, and cutlery are all provided. Bed sheets, towels, and linens are also provided if needed. There's Wi-fi in the apartment, it's readily accessible and included in the rent. The apartment is located on N Croft Ave, Los Angeles, CA 90069 (the nearest intersection is Romaine Street). Centrally located within many restaurants, shops, clubs, etc. Walking distance to Trader Joes and WholeFoods grocery stores. Bus stops at corner of building. If you have a car, there's a free secure underground garage parking spot. Walkable to many major shopping nodes: Beverly Center, Opening Ceremony, Paul Smith, Marc Jacobs, Alexander mcQueen, A.P.C., Maxfield, H.L.N.R, Isabel Marant, and many others. Walkable distance to many of LA's best restaurants: Animal, Son of a Gun, Red Medicine, Lucques, Urth Cafe, Koi, Bastide, Nobu, etc... Clubs & Bars that are close by: Bar Marmont, Bar Lubitsch, The Abbey, The Roger's Room, The Troubador, Rage, Mickey's, etc... Every Sunday, there's also a charming little farmer's market a block away on the very famous Melrose Place.

Attached are some pictures of the apartment, it was recently renovated. That is the vacant room in the pictures. The other occupant you'll be sharing the apartment with is my daughter. She'll arrive in July to start a new job as a chef in a restaurant in LA. She's very friendly, neat and respectful of other people's space. She doesn't smoke and has no pets. I am a chartered financial analyst. I'm presently relocated to the United Kingdom, I am on a short contract with a financial company based in London. The room is available for a long term rental, I'm willing to rent it out for a short stay as well.

I've attached a copy of the rental application form. If you're interested in renting the room, to proceed you'll have to fill it out and get back to me.

Regards,

-Censored-.

On Fri, May 22, 2015 at 6:01 PM, craigslist 5034922101 <Censored> wrote: Hey I appreciate the response. My name is -Censored-. I am a 20 year old male. I currently study political science at the university of British Columbia. I am a very fit person. Hmm not sure what else to write to be honest. My email is -censored-, although I'm pretty certain it will reveal itself with this reply anyway. Would you mind providing me some more detail and some pictures perhaps. Thanks a lot!

Sent from my iPhone

On May 22, 2015, at 3:41 AM, -censored- <Censored> wrote:

Private bedroom in a furnished 2 bedroom apartment located in a safe neighborhood in West Hollywood.

Price is $1000 per month (all utilities inclusive).

If interested, for more details and pictures get back to me. Please provide your email address when replying.

-Censored-.



Submitted May 25, 2015 at 12:44PM by fvckthatguy http://ift.tt/1FaCyCm needadvice

No comments:

Post a Comment