Tuesday, September 5, 2017

Flubromazolam Solubility, Dosing, and Experience researchchemicals

I have decided to report here my experience with this novel substance for any future researchers. This substance is not nearly as scary as it would seem from the reactions one garners from mentioning it as long as you treat it with respect.

25mg dissolved completely in 10ml of 85% ethanol solution at room temperature after about an hour of semi-vigorous mixing resulting in a homogenous mixture that contained 2.5mg/ml. After cooling in refrigerator (to keep ethanol from evaporating during storage) long, crystalline structures appeared in the solution and would not re-acclimate after returning to room temperature. This leads me to believe that ethanol would be a good solvent for this material for use in blotter creation or dosing to another medium but not for the long-term storage of the substance. Using this information, I dripped 0.1ml of solution onto mints using 1ml syringes marked every .02ml and let dry overnight for convenience in dosing. The mints were then transferred to a separate, labeled pill bottle for storage and remained viable for over a week's time.

25mg dissolved completely in 10ml of propylene glycol warmed using a water bath while stirring resulting in a solution that contained 2.5mg/ml which was then transferred to a labeled glass vial for storage and remained stable for over a weeks time. This solution could easily be diluted by adding 90ml of propylene glycol to create a solution that was 250mcg/ml for 1ml doses or kept at its current potency for 0.1ml doses. This acts as a much better solvent for the long-term storage of the substance in an easily dosable solution.

I have not attempted to find a maximum solubility in these solvents as the solubility that I know works can create a sufficiently small volume per dosage while still being fairly easy to measure using 1ml syringes. I have read reports of ~15mg/ml in an anhydrous ethanol solution and ~5mg/ml in propylene glycol before becoming saturated. I may test if this substance has higher solubility in dichloromethane in the future as I see it as a superior solvent to ethanol for dosing blotter paper because of its high volatility and quick evaporation time. However, I need a new respirator before attempting this experiment.

Experience Report: I took one of the mints dosed at 250mcg around noon and let it dissolve in my mouth; there was no discernable taste difference between a dosed and undosed mint. The effects started to build within a half an hour after ingestion, peaked a couple hours after, and made me feel quite sedated. My motor coordination was slightly impaired throughout the day but not to an unreasonable extent. Had somewhat delayed reaction time during some tasks but not others. There was no amnestic effect at this dose for me. This dose did not knock me out like I have read in some other posts, but it did lead to me going to sleep a couple hours earlier than I would have normally and also helped me to sleep completely through the night. The next day I could definitely still feel the drug affecting me, however it had taken on more of an anxiolytic effect the next day with less of the hypnotic sedation and almost none of the motor impairment that was prevalent throughout the previous day. These anxiolytic effects lasted for most of the day. The next day (2 days after dosing), I felt no noticeable lingering effects.

Afterthoughts: This is a very interesting benzodiazepine but could be very dangerous when not taken properly. Due to the long half-life of this chemical and its metabolites tolerance builds up very quickly and I would not recommend, nor will I be, taking it more than once or twice a month. Even still, it's an enjoyable substance in my experience and I am happy to have it in my collection.



Submitted September 05, 2017 at 08:16PM by kalakoi http://ift.tt/2gI1sJv researchchemicals

No comments:

Post a Comment