Friday, August 18, 2017

How could I tell if my dough has gone bad? Breadit

Lately I've been experimenting with slowed and long fermentations in the refrigerator. No sourdough, just with regular yeast but at quantities between 0.5 - 1% over flour weight. The last bread I made I left in the fridge for 3 and half days, it had high hydration of about 75% and the dough smelled a little like alcohol but nothing bad. The bread dough, tastes slightly sweet and sour, and there's another taste which I can't quite identify but it's not all that pleasant. It's my first time tasting breads with this much fermentation so I'm unsure if this is the flavors that it's supposed to develop. How could I tell when dough has gone bad and I shouldn't bake it? Also, what's the longest I should leave dough in the fridge, supposing that we're only concerned about bacteria and not about the dough deflating?



Submitted August 18, 2017 at 09:33PM by Mayuvy http://ift.tt/2fS7uqs Breadit

No comments:

Post a Comment