Tuesday, June 20, 2017

[US] Various things are shocking me in my garage. Is this because there is something wrong with the ground? ECE

I have various things plugged into the AC outlets in my garage, computers, refrigerator, etc, which have chassis ground as well as earth ground. When I touch parts of the chassis I get shocked to a noticeable degree, it actually doesn't feel good at all. I noticed this effect on my garage doors as well. My theory is that something might be wrong with the earth ground and is feeding back into the chassis ground as a result. I've put a multimeter set to AC on various surfaces that shock me and it reads anywhere from 0.4V to 0.8V. Is there something I can do to fix this?



Submitted June 20, 2017 at 09:40AM by redcodefinal http://ift.tt/2rPTYUM ECE

No comments:

Post a Comment