Monday, June 26, 2017

Drug Interaction or Side-Effect? AskVet

I have a 4 year old 50lb female Staffordshire Terrier who is currently on Prednisone and Cefpodoxime for some skin issues. She's rather afraid of a lot of things but for this post I'll be more specific like heights or moderately loud noises (like closing a refrigerator door).

I am prefacing this by saying I will be calling my vet this morning about this, but she's been ridiculously afraid if everything. Leaving a carpet to go on hard floor. Every sound seems to make her jump or run away. It's hard to find specific answers right now but she basically turns into a shaking panting mess from typical daily activities.

No other clear side-effects like lethargy, panting or insomnia just hasn't been eating as much.

Anybody have experience with drugs making dogs afraid of everything? I'm thinking one of the prescriptions is making her dizzy or giving her vertigo or something, but she walks and runs just fine so I'm not certain.



Submitted June 26, 2017 at 03:59PM by russdr http://ift.tt/2tMlVib AskVet

No comments:

Post a Comment