Tuesday, June 27, 2017

Living with a friend who wants too much! needadvice

I've been living in my long time friends basement apartment for about 10 months with my teenage daughter. She owns her home and lives alone so she has the upstairs and I have the basement. We split the bills 50\50 and I paid half of her property taxes. I also had food stamps when I first moved in so I was buying all of the food. She had a boyfriend when we first moved in that did not live there but he helped her out with her half of the bills. He ended up stealing my daughters Christmas money and they end up breaking up. He went crazy and started stalking her and eventually set MY car on fire which wasn't even paid off yet. (he is in jail right now for it). Anyway, after they broke up my daughter wanted to take one of the bedrooms upstairs. No one had a problem with it so we let her stay upstairs. Three months ago my boyfriend of 3 years moved into the basement with me. The agreement was for us to pay $150 in rent each per month plus split the bills equally so all together we pay $300 in rent and an average of $170-200 per month in bills. We have our own bathroom, shower, and refrigerator downstairs. We all share the washer and dryer and the oven\stove upstairs. When he moved in we started buying our own food and eating supplies for downstairs. (I no longer get food stamps). We have plenty of food for us to eat. My friend loves to cook and she's always cooking food which my daughter eats. My boyfriend and I never eat food from upstairs. Recently my friend asks me if I still got food stamps and I told her no, we have been buying food out of pocket for downstairs. She tells me that I need to start helping her buy the food for upstairs as well because my daughter eats up there. My daughter is a teenager and can cook her own food. I told my daughter to stop eating upstairs and only eat the food I buy for downstairs because I don't think its fair to have to buy food for both apartments. My friend also asks me to buy other things for upstairs like toilet paper, toothpaste, paper plates and cups etc... today I told her I'm not buying any food for upstairs and that if my daughter is hungry she can eat the food downstairs. Now my friend is pissed off at me saying its not fair and we should just split the food costs for upstairs 50\50 and let her cook for my daughter. I don't want to buy food for everyone, just my family. If she cooks and offers my daughter food, why do I have to pay for it? Am I wrong for not putting food upstairs for my daughter to eat? Also she expects my boyfriend to mow her lawn for free since he owns a lawn Care service. He mows the backyard because its part of our apartment and she gets so mad when he doesn't mow the front lawn too. I'm starting to get really frustrated and just move out and let her pay all her bills and taxes by herself but I don't want to leave her hanging knowing she needs the extra income. Any advice?



Submitted June 28, 2017 at 04:17AM by AyeBayBee http://ift.tt/2tiDn0C needadvice

No comments:

Post a Comment