Monday, June 26, 2017

My 2.5 year old just saw The Hat Man... nosleep

Let me start by saying that I also have a 17 year old and he's has been telling his mother and I about weird things he's been experiencing for the last year or so as well. The worst of these experiences happening a month ago in which he claims he was stricken with paralysis after waking up in the middle of the night. Under this spell of paralysis he said he saw a ghost in his room and contributes his inability to move or speak to its presence. He also frequently hears tapping on his window and has posters fall off his walls occasionally. All things that I chalked up to adolescent mind tricks or weed or something. In addition, my sister-in-law said she saw a figure wearing a hat in our house not long after we moved in, about 5 years now. My wife has done all the usual "preventatives"(burning of sage and 2 other things I don't remember) for our home and even has reapplied after certain incidences with our teenager. I took it all with a grain of salt until today. Shit just got sodium-free, y'all...

My son was watching and helping me prepare breakfast this morning whilst sitting on the kitchen counter as he usually does. He becomes distracted, as he also usually does, and starts pointing out all the refrigerator magnets that he recognizes. His attention and pointing veers beyond the fridge and in an ever-so-innocent way asks, "Who's that guy?" I look up from the counter to where his finger is pointing, into the hallway where our bedroom doors are- nothing is there. I almost wish I hadn't said this next part. I asked, "What's he wearing?" "Hat," he relpied, still in complete innocence. I haven't had goosebumps like that in long time.

I called my wife right away because it freaked me out and I wanted to get her take. All she said was that now she was freaked out. Thanks, Love. The part that got me the most is the question I asked. Why was that the question I thought to ask? My son speaks rather well for a 2 year old and I'm used to conversing with him as I would anybody else for the most part but I didn't expect his answers to ever give me the chills. Not until high school at least...

The rest of my morning has been spent researching The fucking Hat Man and that hasn't helped my uneasiness one iota. Lots of message boards and at least one website devoted to this entity piqued my interest for a while. That so many people have independently seen this figure is one thing, but when my darling 2 year old boy just nonchalantly asks who the guy in my hallway is, well, how would you feel? I've never been able to see or feel any of the things that have happened but the credibility of these stories just shat right on my supernatural pessimism.

"Now I'm not SUPERstitious, but I am a little stitious." -Michael Scott



Submitted June 26, 2017 at 12:06AM by Sheisty_Gaughts http://ift.tt/2rUl5yy nosleep

No comments:

Post a Comment