Thursday, June 29, 2017

Put in my two weeks notice without a job lined up, need advice on what to tell future employers jobs

To start off, I understand the risk I took when deciding to put my two weeks in without a job lined up. I'm a big believer in morals and doing what's right even if it means there could be consequences.

I work as a salesman at Sears, and if you haven't heard Sears isn't doing too hot, as in they have been overly pushing sales reps to push protection agreements, credit, and anything else to make them money. I'm not talking asking "would you like to add a protection agreement to your purchase", they want us to basically tell the customer their stuff will break if they don't have it, and go on and on about it, and if we don't meet our numbers we lose our jobs etc(which we won't because they barely have employees at this point). They want us to sign people up for rent-to-own leases for appliances so they can get protection agreements because it's pretty much pure profit for them.

2000$ Refrigerator 800$ Protection (5 years)

Did I mention they are outrageously high? Now granted some people may be able to afford that, But what I have issues with is the people who can't. Management wants me to make people with no credit get a lease and add it on there(ridiculous interest rate) and every time I fail to sell one I get dragged into the office to explain why and get a lecture, and I'm just fed up with it and I simply just don't feel comfortable selling something I simply don't believe in.

Basically tl;dr is I put in my two weeks without a line up job because I ain't fit to be a lying ass salesman, and i don't want to rip anyone else off. How do I explain this to my future employer?



Submitted June 30, 2017 at 04:20AM by memelord1994 http://ift.tt/2trwbyz jobs

No comments:

Post a Comment