Tuesday, June 27, 2017

Icemaker LG top-freezer-refrigerator (LTCS24223S) appliancerepair

Our house was struck by lightning a year ago and we lost some electronics including the ice maker. I've been busy with university, so this summer I've dedicated to repairing all the little things I didn't get a chance to fix. We've been using ice cube trays, and I want to get this fixed before school starts back up in the Fall.

The ice maker lights up green when it's turned on. There is no frozen ice in the little spout -- all the parts are unfrozen and dry. The freezer defrosts and keeps the correct temperature. All the lights work. Everything seems to be working and I've troubleshooted the obvious stuff, but it just won't fill up with water! It's like it can't send a signal to engage the water spout and was fried in the storm. Back when it worked, it had that compressed air kind of sound and you knew it was filling up, but now it doesn't do that. I believe if I could get that part fixed the rest of it is still working such as the gears and the teflon is still in good condition, etc.

I currently have it disconnected and taken apart. Everything looks fine. For the record, I put it back together and tried to use it again, and it's still not working, so I've got it back out and apart again. My best guess is that it just can't send a signal to the refrigerator to tell it that it's ready to fill up.

Two questions:

1.) If I have to replace the entire thing, how do I match a non-OEM replacement to my model refrigerator? I have Amazon Prime and would like to order from there.

2.) The ice maker power supply is one of those molex-looking things -- it's a male connector. With the ice maker removed, there's a plastic panel in the freezer that you can pry off that houses the female connector. How likely is it that the ice maker is fine, and the electronics in the freezer are fried? Remember that the freezer keeps a temperature and all the lights work, etc.



Submitted June 28, 2017 at 02:27AM by rifticstp http://ift.tt/2sY4lb9 appliancerepair

No comments:

Post a Comment