Thursday, June 29, 2017

A (Haunted) Home Showing I'll Never Forget Paranormal

Key points: I'm a real estate agent. Also, for privacy, I've changed the names of the clients. One of the few haunting type things I've experienced. Anyway...

My clients Jim and Pam had been looking for a home to buy for a while. We'd seen a few houses that were in their price range, but didn't have the features they wanted. So when a home matching their requirements and price point popped up on the market, we were all more than motivated to give it a look and (hopefully) make an offer. We scheduled a showing for 7pm that evening.

I didn't have much going on that day, so I got over there around 6:45pm and, since I still had 15 minutes before the buyers would get there, I decided to do a look through the house (and also turn on lights, as it was getting dark and turning on lights for a showing is always a good idea). When I walk into the house, right away I notice it's fairly nice for the price it's at. Seems to be under-priced by at least $10k if not more, and that gets me excited. I know the buyers are going to want to make an offer, so I just have to make sure there's nothing super awful. As I make my way through the rooms, turning on lights, I come upon an intercom in a hallway next to the kitchen, press it and talk through it to hear that the other receiver is directly below me in the basement. Very cool, as I've only seen intercoms in movies. Then I walk through the door frame into the kitchen. The counters and cupboards look nice but cheap, and then I notice the refrigerator is open. Must have bad suction or someone left it open, I think to myself and go over and shut it. I give it a little tug but it seems sealed pretty well so I figure someone from a previous showing left it open. Even though the refrigerator has nothing in it, still a little rude of the last agent to not do a once over and shut it. As I mull this over, the intercom buzzes and static comes through. I slowly walk into the hallway as it continues and, a few steps away, it cuts out. Hmm, must have electric shortages or something downstairs. I hadn't gone downstairs yet, so I figure I might as well go turn on the light and check to see what's going on with the intercom. The basement doesn't have a switch, just a pull string attached to a light in the middle of the room. The light from outside is coming in through the small windows just enough so that I can see where I'm going, but not much more. Before I can pull the light's string, I hear the intercom buzz back on, but this time it's static through the basement receiver, so the interference is coming from upstairs now. Not really sure what's going on at this point, I turn on the light and run up the stairs. Again the intercom stops as soon as I get close, but something in the kitchen catches my eye. I walk into the kitchen to find that every cupboard, drawer, and the refrigerator (again) is wide open. My heart sinks and the hairs on my neck stand.


At this point the scare was over, but the clients called to let me know they had just arrived (6:55ish, this happened very quickly). I hurriedly slammed everything shut, and tried to act normal for a bit. When I opened the door, Jim asked if I was feeling alright (I assume I was slightly pale - "look like you've just seen a ghost" type appearance). We quickly walked through the house (nothing opened this time), and afterward, when I asked how they felt about the house, they both agreed that something felt off and dark about the house. I told them I sensed that too, but didn't go into detail. Needless to say, we didn't write an offer and I've never gone back. Definitely creeped me out, definitely haunted.



Submitted June 29, 2017 at 06:58PM by TheRealMess http://ift.tt/2slrrLB Paranormal

No comments:

Post a Comment