Tuesday, June 27, 2017

What are your go to Summer coffee drinks? Coffee

I have a certain fascination with coffee based drink recipes, so I thought I'd drop a couple of my favorite recipes and see if any of you have something you like to make.

[The Kicking Mule] This is a variation of the Moscow Mule mixed drink. In a 12oz glass, I use a mason jar cause I'm super stereotypically hipster. - 4oz Cold Brew (made from River Rock Roasting Co. Nephi's Twist) - 6oz Ginger Beer (my preference is Cock N Bull brand) - 1oz simple syrup - 1/2 lime

  1. Fill the glass 3/4 full with ice.
  2. Combine Cold Brew and simple syrup
  3. Squeeze the 1/2 lime and drop it in
  4. Add ginger beer and stir
  5. Garnish with a sprig of mint, if you'd like
  6. I think this one has a super interesting palate experience. Chocolate and toasted hazelnut notes carried across the palate by the ginger spice to the lime finish.

[Orange Cinnamon Spiced Cold Brew] This one was inspired by a drink Starbucks used to have on their menu back in the day with their iced coffee. - 400g Cold Brew - 1/2 Orange, sliced - 2 cinnamon sticks

  1. Place the orange and cinnamon sticks at the bottom of a French Press
  2. Add cold brew and agitate
  3. Steep in the refrigerator for 1-4 hours
  4. The sweet spot for me is 2 hours, if you'd like more cinnamon than orange steep it longer.
  5. Press and pour Serves really well with a touch of simple syrup and milk, but I also really enjoy it straight.

Have any of you played with interesting coffee mixtures? I'd love to hear about them!



Submitted June 28, 2017 at 06:28AM by thehandsomewade http://ift.tt/2rZXe0p Coffee

No comments:

Post a Comment