Tuesday, June 20, 2017

I still have no explanation for this. Glitch_in_the_Matrix

One morning, I pour a bowl of cereal, then get a new carton of soy milk out of the refrigerator immediately behind me. You know those newfangled cartons that have the round, plastic screw cap in the side? It was one of those.

I unscrew the cap, remove that plastic tab that's there when you first open the carton, and pour some soy milk on my cereal. I then go to replace the cap. But I can't find it. I search all around the counter, the fridge, the floor, the dining room table -- nowhere. (Bear in mind, the distance from the fridge to the counter to the table is no more than three steps.)

I'm grumbling in the kitchen about it, and start making a little square of aluminum foil to cover up the hole on the milk carton. My wife, who's in the other room, comes in because she hear's my complaining, and she says in an irritated voice, "It's right there!"

There was the cap. In the middle of the counter where I'd poured the cereal. Right next to the carton.

It would be absolutely impossible not to see -- especially if you're diligently looking all over for that particular thing.

Weird.



Submitted June 20, 2017 at 09:54AM by DownUpOverAndBack http://ift.tt/2sNoQtH Glitch_in_the_Matrix

No comments:

Post a Comment