Thursday, June 29, 2017

[MS] (Tobias Kelly) Crash and Burn - Part 2: Luna shortstories

I arrived home, shutting the door behind me. The gears in my head were going mental, trying to piece together what had happened.

So Darius, rather than killing his worst enemy, decided to join them? But his target was someone related to the mayor, either his wife, daughter, dog, brother, sister, mother, not himself. Yet the victim was someone who wasn't related in any way possible.

I opened the refrigerator, popping open the tab of a soda can and sipped at it while I heated up leftovers from the other night. There was surely another motive to this, or maybe the Arsos were smarter than I once thought. Perhaps the kid said mayor as a fake-out, but even if it was, this man had nothing to do with what they wanted. He was a poor shop clerk, a man who had no family or purpose. There surely had to be some significance to him, but I just couldn't figure it out.

"Tomorrow @ 8" My phone buzzed, and when I unlocked it, a number that I hoped belonged to the secretary texted me the message. Rather than jumping to conclusions, I responded with something that couldn't be overly specific.

"Where?"

"22nd & 56th" I smiled, seeing that she wasn't afraid of a date with a criminal.

"See you then. Gn" I threw my phone onto the bed, then stood back facing the whiteboard. Time to get down to the bottom of this.



Submitted June 30, 2017 at 09:48AM by Davyis99 http://ift.tt/2u57tCb shortstories

No comments:

Post a Comment