Tuesday, June 27, 2017

I have a 200 amp main panel and am trying to figure out if it will be enough for future device installs. electricians

I've posted about a basement remodel where I was able to get a lot of wire planning help. So I figured I'd come back with more questions.

Some of the work I will be doing is running circuits for future device installs and I have also done a rough estimate of what a future remodel on what I would have on my main floor. I have determined that with the long term main floor remodel, that I will be installing a sub panel in our basement due to a lack of space in our current main panel(200 amp 20(?) space Eaton.

However, looking at my total potential load in the future, I am worried whether everything I am planning would be viable to have on a 200 amp main. I tried to do some load calculations myself, but I do get lost in the math a bit and may be misinterpreting some of the calculations. Anyways my initial calculations came out to a load estimate of 196A and I feel like that load calc is miserably off.

Here's some details that I believe would be pertinent to anyone willing to help me on this. Some of these details will be woefully obvious to have in a house but for clarity I will be listing them anyways. Some breaker Sizes that I will list for the 240V devices, based on what is currently in the home and what I could find with research.

Home Sq Ft: 1960/ft2

  • Refrigerator (Dedicated 20A)
  • Electric Range (40A)
  • Dryer (30A)
  • Furnace (Dedicated 20A)
  • Microwave (Dedicated 20A)
  • Garbage Disposal (Dedicated 20A)
  • Dishwasher (Dedicated 20A)
  • Clothes Washer (Dedicated 20A)
  • Central Air Conditioner (30A-40A)(?)
  • Electric Vehicle Charger (50A)(?)

My Estimated load: 196A

One last question, Would the best way to go be to have all the large load directly off my main, or would it be reasonable to have say my Dryer/AC and/or the EV Charger on the sub panel?

Sorry to bother with more questions, but I appreciate any help you fellow Electricians can offer me. Thanks and stay safe.



Submitted June 28, 2017 at 07:41AM by ElecThroww http://ift.tt/2tmPH0g electricians

No comments:

Post a Comment