Friday, June 9, 2017

TA-DA!!! TalesFromRetail

I work in the back area of a home improvement store, this story happened a couple hours ago.

There are a couple places in the back area designated for emergency exits, we are legally not able to put anything in those areas or we could get massive fines. Of course, not everyone cares and stuff gets put in front of them all the time anyways.

When I came in this morning I saw a couple refrigerators stacked in front of the emergency exit, so I let one of the managers know and went on with my work (I don't have the training to operate the equipment to move it myself). A little while later one of the other managers ($M) and one of the new-ish stockers ($S) come into the back area with a forklift.

$S: Well how am I supposed to know which areas we aren't allowed to put stuff in? They need to mark them so we know where to avoid.

$M: Oh, what would you recommend? We could put some illuminated signs and paint the ground, would that help?

$S: Yeah that would probably be good.

At this point they have the refrigerators loaded onto the forklift and the manager backs it up, revealing a big glowing red sign saying "Exit" and bright yellow paint on the ground

$M: TA-DA!!! Now don't do it again.



Submitted June 09, 2017 at 11:55PM by Fakjbf http://ift.tt/2s5fc4E TalesFromRetail

No comments:

Post a Comment