Friday, June 9, 2017

Down 40 pounds since January (25 lbs since May 1st!). Over halfway to my goal. loseit

To start, how about a little bit about myself? I'm a 20 years old and 6'4. I've been an athlete my whole life up until a nasty knee injury where I tore my ACL, MCL, and Meniscus all in my left knee one month before my high school graduation. I was a D2 dual-sport recruit in amazing shape and after my injury I not only lost my scholarships, I just let myself go.

On January 1st, I weighed 305 pounds and I just wanted to share that I am now officially past the halfway point to my goal weight of 230. For the first few months, I wasn't fully committed to losing weight like I am now. My diet quite frankly sucked. For the first 4 months of the year I only lost about 15 pounds which is still good but it could be better. At the start of May I decided to raid my cabinets and refrigerator and really focus on my diet and it paid off in a HUGE way.

In the mornings I eat some homemade guacamole (avocado, red pepper flakes, sea salt, and lime juice) on whole grain toast. I eat fruit/veggie smoothies for lunch everyday. On May 15th, I weighed 284 pounds and as of today, I weigh 262. I haven't really worked out much besides walking/jogging and golfing...lots and lots of golfing. A huge change in my diet made a massive difference. With this new diet/motivation, I wouldn't be surprised if I end up in better shape than I was then.

Just a quick little post today to start off. Thank you for whoever takes the time to read this, I'm well on my way to meeting and surpassing my goal and I'm so glad that I actually stuck to my New Year's Resolution this year.

If you have any questions don't hesitate to ask. I'm looking forward to spending a lot more time here and giving updates along the way!

Edit: For those of you golfers out there, I dropped my handicap from a 9 down to a 4.2 simply by losing weight. It's much easier to turn and it's much easier to walk the course instead of riding all the time.



Submitted June 09, 2017 at 11:43PM by ChrisOnTheReal http://ift.tt/2t3I1vk loseit

No comments:

Post a Comment