Saturday, May 20, 2017

Tips for storing diabetes supplies when traveling? diabetes

Hello /r/diabetes! I'm writing this post as I'm planning a backpacking trip around Europe for a month and I need some advice. My main concern is the temperature differences my insulin has to withstand during the trip. In lieu of refrigerators I am thinking of going with a Frio cooling system and I'm trying to figure out the best way of storing it. My insulin is made to last in room temperature up to 30 days by itself, does it need cooling at all? Can I have all my insulin reservoirs in the Frio the entire time and re-soak it every two days? I'd like to pre-make my pump carts before the trip and fill them up with insulin (not cooled) beforehand to save bag-space and time. If this is an alternative, do I keep them cooled in the Frio or just in the backpack somewhere? I'm asking since they've already been exposed at room temperature after making and maybe they go bad if I cool them afterwards. I don't know how cold the Frio gets.

Thanks a lot!



Submitted May 20, 2017 at 07:06PM by jonasis http://ift.tt/2rDlc1a diabetes

No comments:

Post a Comment