Wednesday, May 24, 2017

Landlord keeps replacing my fridge with broken ones. legaladvice

So I currently rent under the stipulation that my apartment is furnished (stove, fridge, essentials,) and my fridge gave out about my first month into the place. I notified the landlord, and within a few days he replaced the fridge. After one day my electrical bill nearly doubled, and I informed him via text about it. So several weeks, and around 75$ more on my electrical bill, he brings me another fridge. This one goes down almost immediately, no freezer, the fridge quits after half a day. So today we have a technician come over, refill the freeon, and hope there isn't a leak. Now I think legally my landlord is obligated to cover my loss in food, or take it off my rent. The reason being, is that through no fault of my own did the refrigerators break, and he rents to me under the condition of essential-furnishings (all written, copied, and signed.) A good portion of the food that went bad was venison, shrimp, and kielbasa sausage, that I acquired without keeping any receipts. How would a go about getting compensated for my loss? I'm down a solid 200$+ in inedible food. After i showed him the warm food, he tells me; "it's still kinda cold, probably edible." Any advice on recourse would be greatly appreciated, and thanks for your time. State Tx.



Submitted May 24, 2017 at 11:08PM by complexlty http://ift.tt/2qdaEcD legaladvice

No comments:

Post a Comment