Monday, May 22, 2017

Heart-Healthy Eating with Restraints? nutrition

My husband and I are currently in a living situation where we don't have access to a stove or oven. However, we're both in places in our lives where we need to lose weight for our health, and be serious about it. We've lived on nothing but fast-food for four months (related to lack of stove or oven), and with heart issues running in both our families, I want to start taking care of our hearts as well as our bodies.

If cardio is a factor, he and I are both actively moving with increased heart-rates about two hours a week (we play Soundboxing together every day on VR. It's kind of intense.).

So first - what is heart healthy? I see a lot about 'healthy fats'. But what is there other than that? Lean meat? Red meat? Red wine?

Second - budget isn't really a factor. We have a great grocery store where we can make a little money go a long way. However, like I said, we don't have access to a stove. We have a toaster, and we have a microwave (as well as a refrigerator and a sink that "sometimes" works). So how do I implement a heart healthy diet into my working conditions? I'm tired of having an excuse to say "Oh we'll try again later".

Can someone point me in the right direction? Any help is much appreciated.



Submitted May 22, 2017 at 07:35PM by The_T_In_TIFU http://ift.tt/2rL6i8U nutrition

No comments:

Post a Comment