Wednesday, May 3, 2017

Clean coffee socks/cotton filters. Coffee

Hey guys, just curious how everyone keeps their cotton filters clean and fresh. This goes for siphon filters, hario woodneck filters, coffee socks, etc.

I currently rinse mine off after brewing, soak in water for a little bit, then store in my refrigerator and every weekend I boil it for about a half hour. But I don't feel like this is the best way to keep it fresh and not imparting a taste in the final cup.

In the past I've tried soaking in oxyclean (which I don't like cuz oxyclean is not safe for consumption), or soaking in baking soda (which made the parts of the coffee sock that doesn't touch the coffee become very stiff and eventually rip).

So how do other cotton filter users do it?



Submitted May 03, 2017 at 09:18PM by Sgtdoodoo http://ift.tt/2p91Pw4 Coffee

No comments:

Post a Comment