Wednesday, November 9, 2016

Guest Stealing Food Out Of My Refrigerator. AirBnB

OK. What the actual f*ck. Kind of pissed. Our guest leaves Friday. Just talked to her about the cigarette smoking policy yesterday and she's been going outside to smoke ever since. Great. So last night my girlfriend and I grilled 2 steaks for dinner and had 2 halves of steak leftover which was put in the fridge. Currently at work, and receive a text from my girlfriend asking me if I took my steak to work with me. I did not, I left it at home to eat tonight. She tells me, there was only one of two halves of steak in the refrigerator and she could smell meat in the microwave. So our guest most likely helped herself. It had to be her because nobody else is in my apartment besides my Girlfriend, my 18 month old toddler, the airbnb guest and myself.

What do I do? Report her? Theft is theft, but over a steak? She's been eating Ramen Noodles since her arrival and attempted to drink Tap Water but we told her she could help herself to WATER BOTTLES. I don't know what her situation is but it seems to me like she's struggling financially. She's asked to stay longer for a discount and offered cash because she did not have a debit card. But she did request to stay via the Airbnb platform so she must of had some type of debit card.. Sorry, Im not going that route.

But damn, I have stomachs to feed too, bills to pay. We're just as old as she is. (Early twenties) Should I feel bad?

Anyway, now my steak is gone. What would you guys recommend I do? She's a young girl, no car, but has a job. I know its just a steak but she could have asked... I wish I would have invested in security cameras. Really considering it at this point.



Submitted November 10, 2016 at 03:00AM by aqwhereius https://www.reddit.com/r/AirBnB/comments/5c3v3j/guest_stealing_food_out_of_my_refrigerator/?ref=search_posts&utm_source=ifttt AirBnB

No comments:

Post a Comment