Tuesday, November 29, 2016

Father Of Mine LetsNotMeet

Been lurking and posting sometimes in here the last couple of weeks and seen a few stories that reminded me of my own and thought I'd share. I read the description several times and questioned, "Is this creepy?" But honestly, in my experience, it has been nothing short of terrifying. So I'd call him a creepy individual, if not a monster.

My story has been ongoing for decades, and all came to a head roughly seven months ago.

Growing up, I thought I lived in a "normal" household. I had a nuclear family; a mother and a father, and I was an only child. I assumed that everyone's family had a ticking time bomb. I've learned in my (almost) twenty-seven years that I was wrong.

It started with small things, literally crying over a glass of spilled milk. Something didn't go as planned... So things had to get thrown, profanity was screamed around, doors slammed, perhaps even a fist hitting a refrigerator or a wall.

It developed into rides to school going between 50-70 MPH in 25 MPH speed zones. My cries of, "You are going to kill us!" were always met with "That's the plan!"s, etc.

There were times that we (myself and my mother) had to lock ourselves in closets to hide from the chaos occurring in our home. Hearing glass shatter on the door while we cowered in fear.

I can vividly remember this man, who was supposed to be my hero, having wild bouts of rage, which were not limited to: * Driving erratically attempting to start fights with strangers * Going outside butt ass naked burning his belongings * Chasing people with baseball bats down the street just for looking at him wrong Many other things.

Again, I was a child - preteen and this was all I ever knew to be "normal". I thought everyone dealt with this.

Then, back in May of this year, Matthew (my biological father, I don't like to refer to him as Dad any longer. And yes, that's a fake name.) got jealous that I bought my mother (disabled, I won't specify how for privacy purposes) a tablet for Mother's Day, I had every intention of purchasing him one for Father's Day in June, and he was aware of this. (I was raised believing my life was fairly normal and forgiving someone who was toxic and emotionally abusive was "what you did". I seen my mom do it for twenty-six years.)

He, so kindly, was giving the tablet to another relative and I went to set it up for said relative so they could jump right into using it. Unfortunately, for both Matthew and myself, he didn't actually remove his information and, while myself, my children, and my mother were in the next room over from him, I caught him having cyber sex with another woman - a local woman.

There had been infidelity issues in the past and I addressed this with my mother (I'll skip most of this as I know it's just drama and not relevant to the creepy/terror factor).

Fast forward, my mother kicks Matthew out for all obvious reasons. We gather his belongings and let him know they're on the porch. (Neither of us destroyed or harmed them in any way, just sat them outside because she feared what he would do if he came back in the house. And yes, I know, we could have called the police to assist but we assumed it was unnecessary.)

Six hours later, after I've sat all day waiting for him to come (making sure no one stole/damaged it), he shows up to get his stuff and decides it's a good idea to start destroying most of it (expensive) there in the street and tries to bust out my mother's windows on her home (that she rents, no less). The entire time he is screaming at the top of his lungs how we're "bitches" and he "is going to go burn down my mother's best friends homes and kill their families", "catch my car on fire in the driveway", and, one of the more chilling things, he is claiming he is going to come back later to rape and murder my mother before burning the house down with both of them in it.

My mother and I, per what we were used to, were in complete fear and completely shut down in tears, in the fetal position hiding. If it weren't for my (thankfully) large husband being there to give us some sense of comfort, I think we would have become completely unhinged (we basically did.)

I ended up sneaking to a back room and getting a hammer to protect myself the best I could, as I was eight months pregnant with his grandchild, and calling the police telling them what was going on.

He managed to destroy the lock on the door and do some fairly major damage to the house and his property before he finally left, swearing he was going to return later to murder my mother.

After he left, he was sure to send me text messages letting me know there would be lots of blood for me to find and that I could go to my friends for sympathy (since he was going to kill my mother, my best friend.)

Thankfully the police made sure to keep an eye on my mom's house for quite some time afterword and I will always be thankful that my son (six) was not in the house when this occurred because I never want him to experience the things I did my entire life.

There was a complete disregard for the well-being of me, my mother, my son, or my unborn child that day. (He knows I'm a SAH mom and I always have my child-ren with me.)

So Matthew, wherever you are out there... I never want to ever meet again. Twenty-six years was enough.

(Edited because I was trying to fix my formatting.)



Submitted November 30, 2016 at 07:55AM by LiableBible http://ift.tt/2gHwNGJ LetsNotMeet

No comments:

Post a Comment