Friday, November 25, 2016

Is it safe to slowcook frozen chicken thighs without thawing them in the freezer first? slowcooking

*REFRIGERATOR

I loaded up the crockpot with 3 lbs of frozen (solid) chicken thighs and homemade butter chicken sauce this morning without thinking much of it, and it's been cooking on high for about 4 hours.

Will it be safe to eat the chicken once it is cooked through, or was it too risky to slowcook the chicken frozen, keeping some of the meat in the "danger zone" for bacteria growth? I have done this before with small frozen chicken breasts without a problem, but I just read an article about slowcooking food safety and now I am not sure. It never crossed my mind that it would be dangerous to cook the chicken frozen as long as the internal temperature is safe at the end of the cooking process.



Submitted November 26, 2016 at 05:26AM by kbug21 http://ift.tt/2fAnY3L slowcooking

No comments:

Post a Comment