Wednesday, November 23, 2016

I need it today! TalesFromRetail

Obligatory first time poster...

I work in a department store that is known for its appliances and tools. I had this lady come in today wanting a refrigerator. She will be rude lady (RL), I'll be me.

RL: I need a refrigerator and how good is your delivery?

Me: Well our delivery can get out appliance rather quickly. Being that tomorrow is thanksgiving and they will not be working tomorrow we can have it delivered either this Saturday of next week Monday.

RL: that won't do! I need it today!

Me: Well I have clearance fridges over there that are available to be taken home today.

  • she begins looking at the fridges and starts to complain about the prices*

RL: Why is this floor model $899!?

Me: because it's marked down from its original price of $1300.

RL: I won't spend that much, I'd consider it if it was $800.

Me: let me see what I can do, I'll talk to my manager.

manager approves the reduction

Me: We can do $800. Do you have means of transporting this home with you today?

RL: no, I need it delivered today.

Me: we don't have the option of getting it delivered to you today unfortunately.

RL: can you check with your manager then..

Me: absolutely! (Me knowing well in advance what the answer was going to be I proceeded to talk to my manager)

Me: ma'am, unfortunately due to the grid lock of delivery we can't have it sent out today I'm sor.... (she didn't let me finish my sentence as she slammed the refrigerator door and stormed off not saying anything else)

I yelled out have a happy thanksgiving to no response.. it was petty of me but it made me feel a little better. Why do people think treating the person helping you out poorly will end positively for you?

Edit: a few words.



Submitted November 24, 2016 at 11:33AM by Chodi_Foster http://ift.tt/2frf7y4 TalesFromRetail

No comments:

Post a Comment