Sunday, November 27, 2016

TIFU by playing a dj set at my own house party tifu

Technically didn't happen today but just got the time to post.

Alright, so I wouldn't really call myself a dj per se. Although I do have a passion for finding new music and sharing it with others, I spend all of my free time either downloading, producing, or mixing music and I own thousands of dollars of sound equipment from controllers, to computers, to sound systems. I never really wanted to play for a big crowd or headline a club. Mostly just enjoy showing off new tunes to a couple friends and maybe have a beer or a joint or something.

Either way, me and my roomate decided to throw a party last week in our house. We wanted a pretty massive party while all of our friends were in town for thanksgiving. During our 2 day little planning period, he suggested I DJ for the party. I thought hey, this is my house and I'll end up playing the music anyway so might as well do it right eh? Wrong. Well sort of. So everything up to the day of goes of great. We both have a couple days off work, I love getting my system and equipment all set up and this time I was gonna have a real crowd! I was getting pumped.

Fast forward to the night of, about 3 hours before I found out how unprepared I really was, and we only had a couple really close friends over who we invited early. Everything was awesome, catching up, taking a few shots, and had a Playlist rolling on Traktor on a low volume of my 5000w system. Before i go further let me talk about my sound system. It is a massively overpowered system I was gifted by another friend who runs a pawn shop. We have a fairly small two story house with a quaint upstairs dining room area hardly big enough for my 4 12 inch speakers and 4 12 inch subs. (This is important later)

As people started trickling in the night was getting started. Neither one of us really go to house parties anymore so we kind forgot about word of mouth. Before long EVERYONE was there. And I mean everyone. From guys I hated in high school, to old girlfriends, even a girl I fired not two weeks before hand. Yep. All partying and getting drunk in my living room. So I thought fuck it, rooms packed, people are drinking and playing beer pong, lemme jack my subs up and see what this thing can do. I slowly start playing while bringing up the volume till I was pushing just over the halfway point on my S8 so shit was pretty loud at this point.

The first 45min to an hour I was spinning was un real. Felt amazing to have 80+ people all jamming out and dancing to MY OWN music. It's complete bliss. Anyway, a good hour into my set even more people packed into our little house and I started getting cocky, mistake number one right here.

Shortly after mistake number one I spot a gorgeous blonde girl I hadn't seen around before walking right up to my little in home DJ booth of sorts. She immediately had my attention as i threw a long track on which gave me some time to introduce myself and take some shots with said girl. That was mistake number 2. Out comes my roomate with a handle of kraken and me and her go shot for shot for about 15 min while I was mixing. Now I have mixed drunk, high, whatever and it hadn't really affected me a whole lot. It's a lot of muscle memory at this point.

Mistake number 3 was inviting this girl and her friends behind the decks with me. That's right. Inviting three drunk 22 something year old girls, at a house party, near thousands of dollars of music equipment and my brand new MacBook pro with a handle of kraken and God knows what in red solo cups.

But who gives a fuck right? I'm like the shit right now bro. No one can stop me dude get on my level cue I don't fuck with you by big sean system nearly at full blast on this point and I was reeealllyy feeling good.

What happens next is all kind of blur. Someone bumped into the table or something on the table and I didn't pay much attention at first. That is until I reached down to touch my Traktor S8 only 3 weeks old and feel nothing but a puddle of water over what used to be the cue button. Yep. Bout shit myself right there. I immediately lose my shit. Pretty much shove all three girls out from behind the table and start shouting for a towel as I realize my ENTIRE setup is now being flooded by a concoction of Ever clear, lemonade, and bad decisions.

Seconds later the music stops. Yep apparently dj controller's don't like getting wet. Imagine that? As soon as the music stops drunk people like to get angry and start shouting things. Obscenities mostly, lots of insults and slurs too. Moments later when I thought I fixed the problem boom. Power goes out. Lights, TV, fridge, everything plugged into a wall. Then people reallllllyy get pissed.

I'm not entirely sure what happened when the lights went out but I can tell you this,it wasn't pretty. I heard booing, glass shattering, people yelling, loud Thuds on the ground. Everything. It felt like an eternity between the time the power went out and we finally got it back on, in all reality was only about 20 minutes. But the worst part was the after math.

Damage control: shattered glass everywhere, beer bottles, broken cellphones, one shattered window and the screen door was busted. Along with an entire 6 pack of Heinekens smashed on my sidewalk. Check out my sound stuff, computer looks good, along with the right set of speakers awesome alright let's look at the left set of.......holy fuckin shit. Somehow in the chaos I had 2 speakers and 2 subs completely ripped to shreads. Like someone had taken a knife to the actual speaking and cut it up on purpose. At this point I lost it and started drunkenly yelling into the street at no one in particular. I still had about 6 people at my place who were good friends and got me to chill out and we ending up listened to music off someone's phone and playing cod for a little while and it was alright.

All in all I'm out one Traktor S8, 2 speakers, 2 subs, 1 xbox controller, 2 windows, and I didn't even get that damn girls name. But I did learn a great lesson, don't let strangers or anyone that's intoxicated anywhere near your setup with open drinks.

Also that pussy is blinding.

I did wake up the next morning with a hundred dollar bill in refrigerator with a note that said "sorry." And can't figure out who left it or why so that's good.

Tldr: I'm a wanna be dj, tried to throw a party, drunk girls spilled shit all over my equipment, power went out and drunk people wrecked my house.

10/10

Would probably do again but definitely wouldn't recommend



Submitted November 27, 2016 at 05:43PM by NothingToSeeHereMan http://ift.tt/2g6rlQL tifu

No comments:

Post a Comment