Monday, November 28, 2016

In the cold darkness GoRVing

I sit here in the darkness of my RV (30' travel trailer ) the cold approaches. Shore power has been out since Saturday night. We were merely watching TV and warming dinner in the microwave with a couple lights on. Nothing unusual or taxing to the electrical system. Something somewhere popped and blew. Yet none of my circuit breakers tripped. I'm the only trailer in the park. It is a bit of an unusual situation. But it is comfortable and a gated community. Moving my cord to other power poles proved no better as with the landlords help a breaker on his side was tripped. All of the receptacle boxes seem to be in poor condition anyway, old. So he put in a new box for me and we put on the new trailer cap. This is weird my trailer is 110, yet the cord and all the receptacles in the park or wired using what appears to be a 220 connector. I replaced one tandem breaker but cannot find 30 15 tandem breaker locally to replace my main. But it does not seem to be malfunctioning. A local electrical engineer verified power to the pole and power inside my circuit box Sunday but there's no power to my outlets or appliances for an unknown reason. I'm sitting in the dark because I can conserve a little battery power as the inverter is running the refrigerator from the battery back up. I actually have lights but did not need one at this moment. Hopefully a little electrician I called today will be able to arrive in the morning and fix things. But everyone is really stumped at what the problem is. If I recall correctly this is a 2009 model and on the side of the trailer it says sunset trails crossroads. Hopefully this is not a model loan for spontaneous combustion from electrical issues. Yes I should probably replace the breaker box full of tandem breakers with the real breaker box. But that's not gonna happen anytime soon. Any ideas what the heck is going on, at this point speculation or Voice of experience is welcome as it really looks like we should have power.



Submitted November 29, 2016 at 05:04AM by elf25 http://ift.tt/2fv3Thc GoRVing

No comments:

Post a Comment