Wednesday, June 1, 2016

SS Brewtech 14 Gallon Fermentor questions Homebrewing

I'm looking to get a 14 gallon SS Brewtech fermentor (probably, if not the Brewmaster version) or something similar. I already have a standard refrigerator that I use as a fermentation chamber to keep my temps consistent, but I'm not sure if this 14 gallon monstrosity will work inside of it, or if I'm going to need to spend another $330 for their heating/cooling kit.

Does anyone have one know if this will fit? If not, what's the process with these cooling kits? How do you keep the liquid flowing through the coils cool? What type of solution do you use? Straight water, some sort of cleaning solution, or what?

Also, do you know how well these things work with fermenting only 6.5 gallons? Haven't quite made the move, but working on gathering equipment to bump up to 10 gallon batches, but don't see that happening for another several batches.

If the SS Brewtech isn't the best solution for a scenario like this, what would be? Aiming to ferment 10 gallon batches, have a fridge already hooked up to a brewpi to control temps. I would say a budget of < $1000, the lower the better, would be ideal.



Submitted June 01, 2016 at 09:52PM by iamtehsnarf http://ift.tt/1TK4S5Q Homebrewing

No comments:

Post a Comment