Wednesday, June 1, 2016

Modifying a fridge for fermentation Homebrewing

I've got a refrigerator that I use to control my fermentation temps. I've got it hooked up to a Brew Pi, and it works really, really well. Its a full size fridge, with the freezer on top.

I always do a cold crash, getting the beer down to about 33 or so for a few days. When I do this, the fridge pretty much runs continuously for at least 24 hours.

I got to thinking that the freezer is basically being wasted, as it just sits there empty, and a lot of that cooling power is going towards nothing. Is there a way to somehow modify the fridge to connect the freezer and the fridge, to make the cooling more efficient? I know I could get a chest freezer or something, but this came with the house, and it does work just fine, so I'd prefer to work with what I have.

Thanks for any advice!



Submitted June 01, 2016 at 08:14PM by FuriousE http://ift.tt/1O5fQpv Homebrewing

No comments:

Post a Comment