Wednesday, June 15, 2016

Sand dollars... Therefore Jesus. atheism

So my family and I visited Destin Florida last week and while we were there we visited a gift shop called Sunsations (or something like that). It was your typical beach wear gift shop, you could buy tee shirts, towels, refrigerator magnets... All the usual souvenir junk. While browsing the souvenirs I saw these little bags of tiny sand dollars hanging off of hooks. Inside the bags was a little card titled "The Legend of the Sand Dollar" being the curious person I am, I pulled the card out to read it in hopes of gaining some useless yet entertaining information or sand dollar factoids of some kind. Instead what I read was some poem about how the sand dollar is a symbol of Jesus and the Easter resurrection. It goes something like this (I copied this text off a website so I didn't have to type the whole poem because... Well I'm lazy, But it's pretty close to what was on the card.)

The Legend of the Sand Dollar

There's a lovely little legend that I would like to tell, of the birth and death of Jesus, found in this lowly shell.

If you examine closely, you'll see that you find here, four nail holes and a fifth one, made by a Roman's spear.

On one side the Easter lily, its center is the star, that appeared unto the shepherds and led them from afar.

The Christmas Poinsettia etched on the other side, reminds us of His birthday, our happy Christmastide.

Now break the center open, and here you will release, the five white doves awaiting, to spread Good Will and Peace.

This simple little symbol, Christ left for you and me, to help us spread His Gospel, through all Eternity.

I am going to try and post a link to the photo I took of it but whenever I do this the mods remove my post because it isn't within the guidelines for images...

Photo of the card: http://ift.tt/25YoWfI



Submitted June 16, 2016 at 04:01AM by jimillett http://ift.tt/1UVHx0F atheism

No comments:

Post a Comment