Monday, June 20, 2016

Kegerator mold.. Homebrewing

Well I never thought it would happen to me. Reading posts on here last week of new dad's whose kegerator was left off for a year with new kids and it molded over. I made a mental note to never let that happen, to take the time to "winterize" my kegerator if I ever had to take a break from brewing for a kid or other reason. Sure enough, I moved into a new house and before we finished unpacking I had to travel for 2 weeks straight for work.. my lovely wife decided that because there was no beer in the kegs comma and I was traveling for 2 weeks, that she would turn off the Kegerator to save electricity. I came home yesterday to find the entire inside covered in mold. It was very difficult to not get angry, apparently she didn't know that refrigerators cannot be left unplugged with the door closed. I guess the Silver Lining is it time to buy new profit and hoses, and do a deep clean on the unit before I go operational of my beers again. Lesson learned!



Submitted June 21, 2016 at 02:23AM by AZBeer90 http://ift.tt/28LWBPz Homebrewing

No comments:

Post a Comment