Monday, May 2, 2016

Florida - A water leak in my condo damaged the unit downstairs legaladvice

I own and rent out a condo on the 3rd floor. In January of this year, the refrigerator broke and we called a company to fix it. They fixed it, but then there was a leak from the water line to the unit just below ours. Our tenant turned the water off when he was informed of the leak. We called the company again and they fixed the water line.

Last week, we got a letter from an insurance company about a claim the downstairs neighbor made. I called the insurance company and explained what happened. They said they may go after us for the deductible ($500) and the subrogate ($6500). They want me to send them the paper work from when the refrigerator broke.

We don't have insurance ourselves for the condo, just the master policy for the whole building. Should I contact them?

Should I get a lawyer? What kind of lawyer should I look for? The ones I have tried calling don't take this kind of case. Would it cost more for a lawyer than what the claim is for? Should I send the insurance company the paperwork they requested?

Any help you can give me is appreciated.



Submitted May 02, 2016 at 08:41PM by Just_Breathing http://ift.tt/1UspB2a legaladvice

No comments:

Post a Comment