Tuesday, February 9, 2016

What can I do with leftover shrimp cocktail? AskCulinary

Hey everyone! Yesterday I had some friends visit and they brought over this ENORMOUS platter of shrimp cocktail. We barely made a dent in it and I am now left with way too much shrimp for me to consume by the time they go bad (live by myself). What can I do with the shrimp besides spring rolls, salad, or freezing them for later?

I was thinking of throwing them in the pan to saute for 2-3 minutes and using them in a shrimp scampi or a different pasta dish. Is there a better way to prepare/work with these? Can I throw them on the grill for a minute to add firm texture? Please help!

Update: I went against everyone's suggestion and I seared the shrimp in a light mix of unsalted butter and canola oil for about 1 minute on each side. AMAZING- it can be done. In addition, I made my first "escabeche" and it is chilling in the refrigerator. Thank you for all of your suggestions :)



Submitted February 10, 2016 at 06:26AM by yosemitetrailblazer http://ift.tt/1O25wY4 AskCulinary

No comments:

Post a Comment