Friday, February 5, 2016

Was I wrong? Re: Snow Shoveling, "Personal Choice", etc raisedbynarcissists

So I moved out of my Nmoms house about 5 months ago and into my Edad's house, cuz she threatened to call the police and file a false report that I was abusing her (all over a drawer in the refrigerator which was supposed to be mine anyway).

I love Edad, but Edad is dating a new N for the past 8 years or so. I fucking hate her and she lives with us. There's a whole long story with that for another time.

Anyway. Some context. The first snowstorm we got this year I offered to do all the shoveling, cuz I already knew it was gonna be bullshit to work with Edad and Ngirlfriend. I already knew. "Oh no you don't have to do all the shoveling, Ngirlfriend will help you!" (as if it's doing me a favor...)

I was rousted out of bed at 7am by Edad (I don't normally get up until 10) and forced outside (without any coffee) into freezing weather to help Ngirlfriend shovel because "she's out there! she's by herself! you need to help her!" After we were done I reiterated that I would rather do all the shoveling myself, even if it builds up to 3 feet of snow, rather than go through that.

Well today it's snowing again, and history repeats: 9:30 AM, hey get out and help Ngirlfriend (spoken in a ton of voice as if I'm somehow wrong to be asleep). I said she could have waited for me to get up, I still need my coffee. Dad said "but she's out there!" and I said "that was her choice" and he went off "I don't understand this fucking attitude 'thats her choice'" and stormed off. He spent the next 20 minutes walking around the apartment sighing heavily (definitely fleas habit from Nmom)

So guys. Was I wrong or am I a brat? I feel like they want me to be responsible for choices they make.



Submitted February 05, 2016 at 08:55PM by xienxui http://ift.tt/20wOeyN raisedbynarcissists

No comments:

Post a Comment