Monday, May 1, 2017

Low flow from refrigerator's water dispenser when filter is in place HomeImprovement

Okay, so I have an issue that I'm having some difficulty finding relevant troubleshooting steps I can take, so I figured I'd post here and hopefully get pointed in the right direction.

I have a Whirlpool ED5VHEXVQ01 side-by-side fridge with a water dispenser and a replaceable filter that pops in the bottom (it takes part EDR3RXD1 if that info is needed). It was about 7-8 months past when we switched the filter out last and the Mrs. was noticing the taste start to change and the flow get slower, pretty typical for when the filter needs to be changed. I went on Amazon and got a generic replacement, installed, and everything worked well...except it tasted pretty off (metallic to my wife, more plastic to me, bad either way), even after flushing 4+ gallons through it as recommended. I then decided I should stop screwing around and go buy the name-brand filter, since it always worked well in the past. Went to a big box store, bought the filter, and after I installed and started to flush I noticed the flow was extremely slow.

During the course of troubleshooting, I re-installed the generic filter to verify flow was fine, used it without any filter to verify flow was fine, but every time I put in the name-brand filter we've always used the flow was extremely slow, to the point of being unusable. I also tried shaking all the water out of the filter to "start again" and flush it like it was new, but it made no difference. I then went to the store and swapped it for another filter (same brand and model) with the hopes that it was simply defective, but after installing the newest one I'm having the same issue.

The box says it's supposed to flow at 0.5 Gallons/minute, but when the filter is installed it's flowing at 8-9 Oz/minute. What should take under 10 minutes to flush 4 gallons would literally take over an hour if I had the patience. Can anyone please give me some idea as to how to fix or troubleshoot this further?



Submitted May 02, 2017 at 02:47AM by Swayz0r5000 http://ift.tt/2oRlaWn HomeImprovement

No comments:

Post a Comment