Friday, June 17, 2016

Sourdough starter Sourdough

Hey, yesterday I made a sourdough starter following this recipe: "4 ounces (3/4 cup + 2 tablespoons) all-purpose flour 4 ounces (1/2 cup) water

Weigh the flour and water, and combine them in the container. Stir vigorously until combined into a smooth batter. It will look like a sticky, thick dough. Scrape down the sides and loosely cover the container with plastic wrap or the lid (left ajar). Put the container somewhere with a consistent room temperature of 70°F to 75°F (like the top of the refrigerator) and let sit for 24 hours."

Today when I went to feed it, it had some teeny tiny black shade on top. I googled and couldn't figure out what it was, if I had to throw it away or what. Any ideas?

ps: I have whole grain flour and rye. Is it better to make a starter with those than with all purpose flour?

THANKS :D



Submitted June 17, 2016 at 10:43PM by gabsbatist http://ift.tt/1V1PdhX Sourdough

No comments:

Post a Comment