Wednesday, June 22, 2016

My unhealthy relationship with food, and the saving grace Soylent soylent

I just wanted to bring attention to a use of Soylent I don't see mentioned often: changing your relationship with food and combating food addiction.

I'm 6' 0", 215lbs, not obese, but certainly overweight. I eat the "right" foods: leans meats, fiber, complex carbs, and tons of vegetables. I just eat too much. I eat because I'm celebrating. I eat because I'm stressed. I eat because I'm sad. I eat because I'm bored. I eat because there is still food on the table. I eat so I don't waste food. I eat because I need to try all the cool dishes at the new restaurant.

When smokers are addicted to cigarettes, they can make themselves healthier by quitting completely. No one tries to cut down to 1 cigarette a week. You'd face constant temptation that requires much more discipline to manage.

The problem with food is that you can't quit. You have to eat. My refrigerator is always full of food for the week, and in moments of weakness I eat too much.

I've been subsisting on Soylent for a week so far, and my life is better for it. I'm learning to live without eating. Now when I'm stressed, sad, bored, or celebrating, I find other things to do, because there is no food in my house to eat. I'm developing healthier habits all thanks to Soylent.



Submitted June 22, 2016 at 08:31PM by bookwormJon http://ift.tt/28MIAQo soylent

No comments:

Post a Comment