Friday, June 17, 2016

I live in an apartment, and my refrigerator has been broken for the last week. Legally, what can I do to incentivise my landlord to fix it? legaladvice

Location is Austin, TX.

I talked to the leasing company about it on Saturday. They said they'd fix it that day, and have continued to say that every day that I've asked them to fix it. Yesterday, I kindly reminded them that I'm in the process of deciding whether or not to renew my lease. They said they'd fix it that day. They did not.

Do I have a legal right to a working refrigerator in Texas? I believe I have a legal right to a water heater, but is the same true of a refrigerator? If I paid someone to fix my refrigerator, could I legally require the leasing company to reimburse me? Is there a way to compel the company to fix my refrigerator?

To further complicate things, I do actually want to renew my lease. I have a good price on the rent, and I like where I live. This is the first problem I've had with the company. If I do pursue some sort of action, can they prevent me from renewing the lease? Thanks for your help!



Submitted June 17, 2016 at 08:43PM by ThrewitontheReddit http://ift.tt/1UDKiUy legaladvice

No comments:

Post a Comment