Thursday, June 25, 2015

Just started transitioning into Soylent (ver. 1.5) - Pleasantly Surprised (Observations for those on the fence about starting) soylent

I received my first shipment of 1.5 last week and I'm starting with two scoops per day for breakfast for 5 days (Monday - Friday). I plan on eating regular meals on the weekend, and then consuming three scoops per day next week (mon-fri) spread out between breakfast and lunch.

It has an oat-like pancake batter taste and, like another redditor said, had the consistency of a melted milkshake. I've been preparing it the night before and letting it sit in the refrigerator overnight and shaking in a blender bottle with ice when I drink it in the morning.

Each day while drinking it I've found that I enjoy it more than I had the day before (not to suggest that I ever had a negative sentiment about any aspect of it, but that I actually really look forward to meal times). Something odd I've noticed is that I feel more averse to chocolate/candy (uninterested in consuming it at all).

If you're on the fence about starting, I would suggest thinking about what you hope to accomplish or what value you will derive from this experience. Personally, I think interest in saving time, saving money, and pursuing a better-balanced nutritious diet are great reasons to start. I found that as a twenty-something career-minded person, this is a great solution to my food issues. I was spending approximately $600 a month (Boston cost of living) eating out and when I tried to eat cheaper, I would end up at a cheaper restaurant or preparing shitty frozen food from Trader Joes (both of which were way more unhealthy compared to ideally cooking healthy and balanced meals, which were more expensive and very time consuming).



Submitted June 25, 2015 at 07:28PM by RaidenIsCool http://ift.tt/1GtgfrW soylent

No comments:

Post a Comment