Sunday, June 21, 2015

Any med students or hospital workers? (need snack ideas to keep in your white coat) EatCheapAndHealthy

I have some prepackaged stuff, but I'm also trying to start the DASH diet since finding out I have hypertension. I'm in my 20s, workout regularly, not overweight, but my diet is terrible and my family history isn't helping either. Hopefully sticking to the DASH diet will get my bp down before I need to get on meds.

Anyway, I see lots of threads for lunchbox snacks and backpack snacks, but I'm looking for things that are relatively light weight and compact (e.g. not a PB&J or a can of tuna) that I can carry around all day without being refrigerated. Bonus if it can be eaten in small bites throughout the day rather than in a single sitting as well. I don't have any relevant food allergies (unless you have a magical way of keeping shellfish fresh and safe to eat without a refrigerator) and I'm willing to eat most anything. My favorite things to eat right now are salty snacks (DASH is gonna be tough) and I really never crave candies/sweets.

Thanks!



Submitted June 22, 2015 at 05:20AM by dat_sattar_doe http://ift.tt/1H3NmX2 EatCheapAndHealthy

No comments:

Post a Comment