Wednesday, June 24, 2015

There's Something Downstairs nosleep

I live in a two-story house.
It's just another regular night here as I'm in my room upstairs browsing the internet like I usually do until get tired.
My kitchen light downstairs was still on, and I was going to turn it off pretty soon before going to sleep; I was thinking about getting a cup of water while I was at it.

As I was browsing the front page of reddit and looking at a thread about the future of cloth physics in video games or something, I heard what sounded like something moving around downstairs. It sounded like it was coming from the hallway that's right beside my kitchen. I was obviously a bit alarmed by the noise so I got up from my chair and walked slowly to my doorway so I could hear more clearly.

There were definitely sounds.

It sounded like something was fiddling with a plastic bag down there, and based on the noise it didn't sound like a mouse. A large rat, maybe, but it sounded bigger because I also heard strange breathing-out noises. Something was breathing out. Do rats do that??? The moment I left my room, the sounds downstairs stopped and I listened carefully for a minute but nothing else besides the ticking of my clock and the hum of my refrigerator were audible.

I went downstairs slowly, looked and listened carefully, but nothing was there. I decided to smack one of the walls very loudly near my kitchen to see if something would come out or make noise. Not a thing. From there I simply turned off my kitchen light and quickly went back upstairs.

I decided to wait in the dark in my upstairs hallway. I waited about 10 minutes. No sounds.
I thought maybe whatever it was knew I was there, so it wouldn't come out anymore. I decided to go into my room and get back onto my computer.

It bugged me however, and I went in and out of my room four times before deciding to write this post on reddit.

I'm going to open my door and listen one more time before I try getting some sleep.



Submitted June 24, 2015 at 02:58PM by Cafallen http://ift.tt/1QPtEoo nosleep

No comments:

Post a Comment