Tuesday, June 30, 2015

How to survive a vacation? loseit

My family is going on a 3 week vacation (late July into mid-August) that involves driving thousands of miles in the American SW and making stops in Las Vegas, Reno, Salt Lake City (weird detour?), Sedona, Santa Fe, etc -- I'm terrified that the trip is going to absolutely obliterate my diet.

Something about the sort of food that exists at highway rest stops coupled with the seedy dirt cheap all-you-can-eat buffets in Vegas and Reno that leads me to believe maintaining a 1200 calorie diet will be quite the feat.

What preparations can I make in advance? My family has no problems with me taking charge of packing the cooler food for the road so some ideas for cooler foods that can be stored in the trunk would be greatly appreciated.

I also am concerned about knowing calorie information at restaurants. I can eat in moderation but sometimes its impossible to really know how many calories you're eating at some dive joint.

(At least at McDonald's or wherever I can get a side salad and a 4pc chicken nugget and know where I stand.) Buffets are a whole other ball game.

FWIW

  • I only drink water (and the almond milk in my cereal) - so beverages will not be an issue.

  • Some of our hotels have refrigerators and microwaves, so I can pop by a local Walmart and buy some of my safe/normal foods (salads, low cal frozen dinners, turkey hot dogs, deli meats, etc.) - it won't be the most nutritious diet plan in the world since I don't have access to my stove/oven, but at least they're not loaded with calories... But the problem is, my family will definitely not let me eat even half of my meals in the hotel room - 75% of eating will be done outside in restaurants or on the road.

Eek. I am actually genuinely terrified I am going to reverse all of the progress I've made so far. (i.e. gain back all the weight.)

Any tips/ideas/general advice would really be so helpful. Thank you in advance!

Edit: Formatting



Submitted July 01, 2015 at 03:22AM by thenarcolepticwiggle http://ift.tt/1Jqp4Gy loseit

No comments:

Post a Comment