Friday, June 19, 2015

Can you believe that I argue with my husband about not washing his hands?? Marriage

We have been married almost three years and this started shortly after we first married. My husband doesn't wash his hands for anything! I have to tell him or remind him to do so. He doesn't wash his hands after working out in the yard, or working on the truck, he will come in and grab a drink with filthy hands. He doesn't before we eat unless I say something then he might use hand sanitizer (which he spilled on wood and ruined it). He doesn't even after going to the bathroom, both ways! Believe me, I know!

His family and I have just realized that he may have OCD. He smells his fingers a lot. After he has his hands in his pants, he smells his fingers, after he scratches his butt, he smells his hands, after scratching his underarms, he smells and this also extends to me. And yes, he doesn't wash his hands after that, too. I think he might be into body smells.

When we dated, I didn't see anything. We were busy going places and visiting, and when he went to the bathroom I just assumed he washed his hands. I have noticed from family now how they respond to shaking his hand. They will wipe their hands on their pants. His son recently got mad about his father not washing his hands when they went to the bathroom. Apparently, his idea of washing is rinsing his fingertips of one hand under water for a few seconds.

I have asked him repeatedly to do this and he tells me he doesn't want to be told and I am treating him like a child. I tell him he should have learned this as a child. I can touch doorknobs, refrigerator handle, computer mouse, and it is sticky or gooey or have pieces of crumbs on it. I see fingerprints on the windows, mirrors, and light switches. Some things I cannot get clean. If he touches me to hug me or touch my face, I can smell his hands. He has a rash on his hands that won't go away. I tell him to wash the germs off, but he uses sanitizer. (seeing a doctor is another story) My husband does not take criticism well and is very stubborn. He doesn't wipe up after himself and refuses to help clean. Is it just me? I don't understand why this even has to be an argument.



Submitted June 19, 2015 at 11:53PM by C9112 http://ift.tt/1SwnPda Marriage

No comments:

Post a Comment