Saturday, February 25, 2017

Went NC with the parental unit again! Here's the final message before blocking her new #. raisedbynarcissists

(Context. Went complete NC 3 years ago. Yet nMom kept texting me from different numbers.)

You're a terrible person. I have cut contact with you. As a 105 lb teenager, you constantly poked at my belly and called me fat. While you saw that I struggled to work to pay for school and took out loans, you somehow justified that you'd pay my sisters way. You lay unalarmed when my ex husband claimed I'd knocked myself out on a refrigerator. It's been made clear to me, by your words specifically that I was the black sheep. Really, I'd spent entire childhood excelling only to be ignored and taunted. Made fun of eating habits YOU FOSTERED. After destroying books and music that gave me comfort, berating me at home, mocking my achievements, you'd later boast about them as if they were somehow your creation. You send texts, I believe, as a means to make yourself feel better. To create a false record that after all of your narcissistic parental behavior that somehow I have somehow maligned you. The best and only action you can take is to stop contacting me.

I will not accept your calls. Your silence will be accepted as your apology.

What made me an easy target for bullying in school was bullying at home. I will no longer be bullied. I do not accept the notion of blind affection. Affection must be earned, through modeling behaviors of respect and patience; not merely as functions of role and lineage.

While this message is unfortunate, you should consider that it is both clear and distinct.

Others, similarly situated, end their tortured lives in tortured deaths without clarity of reason. In light of this fact, consider this continued silence a gentle closure. If you need additional support, seek a therapist, not me.

..... AND BLOCKED FOREVER!!! New features can block texts by phone number, content, emojis, you name it. Yay technology!!

There's a little part of me hoping for a response. But after 3 years of NC, rebuilding my life, I've learned to ignore that part by going through a little jar of personal achievements I've kept to remind me of what all I've achieved since going NC. It is an effective silencer. The block feature is set to block AND delete, so I'll never know, and that is just wonderful.



Submitted February 25, 2017 at 11:42AM by Shortacts http://ift.tt/2mheTlg raisedbynarcissists

No comments:

Post a Comment