Sunday, February 26, 2017

Advice on removing and capping my refrigerator water line Plumbing

Hello. I'm trying to address a leak which has gotten pretty out of hand. I think I'm on the right track, but I'm painfully unfamiliar with anything handy besides screwdrivers, as I've only ever worked on computers. Help from you guys would be greatly appreciated.

The leak is coming from a clear plastic pipe/tube/line underneath my stove. I have to leave my water turned off at the street to stop it from spraying pretty hard. One end disappears behind my fridge, which has had an ice maker that hasn't worked properly in forever. The other goes under my kitchen sink, and can be seen here. I don't care about having water running to my fridge, so I would like to stop off this line entirely.

Am I correct in assuming that there's some sort of piece I could buy to fit over the spot where that clear line is connected, and be able to leave all my other water running? And if so, would any of you be kind enough to explain some terms like I'm a dumb child, since I pretty much am? I don't really have any tools, but am prepared to go buy whatever wrenches I'd need. If the nut(?) that attaches refrigerator lines is usually a standard size, I'd really appreciate help on what that might be so I could get an appropriate tool.

Sorry I'm longwinded, thank you all for your time and expertise.



Submitted February 27, 2017 at 03:45AM by TotalLuigi http://ift.tt/2lKLPzt Plumbing

No comments:

Post a Comment