Friday, February 24, 2017

Fridge left open, do I have to dump everything? NoStupidQuestions

TL;DR title

I have your average shitty apartment and the refrigerator has a screw in the handle that comes loose and sometimes blocks the door for closing fully if you're not paying attention. My roommate's gf left it open and I found out when I got back from work. I have an instant thermometer and rested some cooked chicken and it was at 66 degrees. Yay!

That chicken is going in the trash. I guess I should dump dairy like eggs milk and sour cream too. Is there any food (veggies? Sauces?that the "danger zone" guideline (no more than 4 hours between 40-140 degrees f) doesn't apply to? I'd rather have no food than food poisoning, but I hope I could save something because I have zero money for food until next week.



Submitted February 25, 2017 at 05:22AM by psychoknotted http://ift.tt/2mmwLrx NoStupidQuestions

No comments:

Post a Comment