Monday, February 27, 2017

My Refrigerator is Full stopdrinking

It's a...no, it's not a metaphor.

My literal refrigerator (and pantry) is full, and not full of beer.

I don't know why that gives me such pleasure and satisfaction. Sometimes, I catch myself opening the door and just staring at the clean rows of food in their pretty packages. The dozen eggs, the mayo, the milk, the FUCKING LA CROIX, all shine in the their mundane beauty.

The more exotic things beckon with offers of sinful decadence. Mmm...olives, cured meats and stinky cheese.

I've gotten into couponing as a way to pass the time and save money, so there's a sense of accomplishment in this full larder. I saved a significant amount, I worked for this food and regardless of how bad things get, I'm not going to starve.

I won't starve.

My how my mind has changed. I never worried about starving before. I worried about fucking up and sobering up.

Now, I know I have my eggs for my omelet instead.

Just a quick share.



Submitted February 28, 2017 at 04:42AM by PgMo http://ift.tt/2l6iYIy stopdrinking

No comments:

Post a Comment