Monday, February 27, 2017

Another can you review my solar setup question. GoRVing

Hey guys, progress is finally underway on our rebuild of a 69 streamliner princess, and I need to order our solar components soon.

I have been reading about solar and DC setups till my eyes bleed and I just want to have someone tell me if I picked the right stuff and my camper won't burn to the ground.

-Looking at 2 HQST 100w 12v panels wired with MC4 Y connector which should if I am not mistaken give me about 16 amps and 12v going to my charge controllers.

-10awg pre made MC4 10ft connectors going to the controller.

-This morningstar 30amp MSST controller: http://ift.tt/2my7wBN (Would love to know if this is a good choice. I have read that MSST is better but the price of PWM is nice and it sounds like 30 amps is overkill for us but I can't find a good 20amp MSST)

-8awg tray connectors from the charge controller to the batteries, hoping to have the batteries stored about 3 feet from the controller. I've read that keeping this distance as small as possible is helpful.

-2x Costco 6v deep cycle lead acid golf cart batteries wired in series. Hoping to get about 210ish amp hours at 12v

-Possibly an inverter, but likely just keeping everything 12v DC

-Hoping to power about 40 feet of LED light strips, 2 laptops, cell phone chargers, pocket laser projector, and possibly a refrigerator of some kind.

-Holy crap RV refrigerators are a pain to figure out. First off will our setup handle a fridge? And if so what kind? I've been looking at a 12v whynter but it's pricey, and I don't even know if we could handle it. Would we be okay getting a 1000w inverter and going with a normal mini fridge?

I am hoping to avoid shore power all together and just have the camper 100% solar. Is this realistic with this setup? We do have a nice 2000watt quiet generator that will travel with us for emergencies.



Submitted February 26, 2017 at 11:50AM by joergonix http://ift.tt/2mEFEfw GoRVing

No comments:

Post a Comment