Thursday, February 23, 2017

[VENT] I tried to do a nice thing... raisedbynarcissists

We have a large spiral-sliced ham in our refrigerator that we're cooking this weekend. My husband suggested we invite my parents to come eat dinner with us on Sunday. We haven't seen them in several weeks, and my kids are at my house this weekend (joint custody with my ex). It seemed like the perfect situation!

I texted Nmom to invite her and my dad earlier today. She, of course, was giddy. Tonight, she FB messages me and it goes like this:

Nmom: "We'd love to come on Sunday, but we have one small request."

Me: "Okay..."

Nmom: "Well... The Daytona 500 is on TV that day... The biggest race we watch all year... It comes on at 2:00."

Me: "We can't do dinner that late on Sunday" (We have other stuff going on!)

Nmom: "I'm not asking to change the time... Just wanted to be able to watch it while we are eating!"

(Our dining room is nowhere close to being within viewing range of the living room TV, and she knows this. So she's effectively saying they'll come eat, but they want to sit in the living room while they eat..."

After I calmed down, I said:

Me: "I don't care if it's on as long as you're going to survive not being able to see it while we eat."

That was 30 minutes ago. She's still showing as "active" on FB, but she hasn't responded. She'd seriously rather watch cars go around in circles for 4.5 hours than sit down and eat one meal with us and her grandchildren? I strongly want to just un-invite them, but then she'd make me feel like crap.

UGH!!!!!!!!!



Submitted February 24, 2017 at 08:02AM by mamaowl83 http://ift.tt/2lQaPaK raisedbynarcissists

No comments:

Post a Comment