Tuesday, February 28, 2017

Need help making a decision on a generator GoRVing

I've narrowed the choices down to this...

  1. YAMAHA EF4500ISE 4500 WATT, 30 AMP, INVERTER GENERATOR
  2. 5500 WATT ONAN GENERATOR, 50 AMP

So, I'm buying a toy hauler from ATC. They offer to include the Onan for $5,556.00. However, this generator is mounted outside the trailer, behind the propane tanks. See photo: http://ift.tt/2mIpguC

ATC does not lock the generator into place. It has a cover that latches, but does not lock. So, it seems that anyone could steal it.

The Yamaha 4500 Watt Inverter Generator costs $3,300 from Amazon.

It can be stored inside the trailer, and it runs more quietly than the Onan. However, the Yamaha offers only a 30 AMP outlet, whereas the Onan offers 50 AMP.

So there's my choices. I feel safer with the Yamaha stored inside the trailer, and I like that it runs more quietly. But I think the Onan will deliver enough power to keep my wife happy with the AC, refrigerator, microwave, and television all going at once.

What do you think?



Submitted March 01, 2017 at 07:52AM by steve31266 http://ift.tt/2l9ydjX GoRVing

No comments:

Post a Comment